- All categories
- Equipment rental
- Events (regular and recurring)
- Meeting rooms
- Escape rooms
- Art classes
Lorne - Victoria - Online Wheelchair Bookings
About the company
Where: adjacent to Lorne Surf Lifesaving Club, Mountjoy
When: available 7 days a week.
Who: anyone can use the matting, however it particularly helps people with wheelchairs, prams, walking and mobility aids to pass over soft sand to get to the hard sand. Please do not tamper with or remove the matting.
FLOATING BEACH WHEELCHAIR
Booking: use is FREE but bookings are essential.
Availability: available for hire on weekends and public holidays during lifesaving patrol hours only.
Hoist: a hoist is available on site, however you will need to provide your own sling.
Assistance: whilst the wheelchair is designed to be used independently, users with limited mobility will require the assistance of a carer/s to access the wheelchair and for water safety.
Please make sure you read the terms and conditions:
· The Great Ocean Road Coast Committee (GORCC) advises that the user of the beach wheelchair will need at least one person to assist accessing the wheelchair. At least 2 people will need to assist if taking the wheelchair into the water for safety.
· The equipment is for independent use (with at least one support person required). There is no assistance from the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee or lifesavers to set up or use the equipment. Lifesavers may be able to assist with access to the water (during patrol hours), however this cannot be guaranteed.
· Use of the portable hoist requires users to bring their own sling.
· Whilst Lorne beach is a relatively safe beach for swimming, conditions can change quickly impacting the size of waves and currents. Users are advised to swim between the flags during patrolled hours only. Lifesaver instructions are to be followed at all times.
· GORCC will make every effort to ensure that beach access matting remains in place and firmly secured, however there may be some disruption during large swells or other extreme weather conditions.
· Users are requested to please fill out an anonymous feedback form, which will be supplied and can be submitted in the storage container on site where the chair is stored. Feedback is appreciated and important for us to further improve our the facilities and your experience.
· Please contact the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee for enquiries or to report any damage or faulty equipment at email@example.com or 03 5220 5055.
· I have read the conditions of use and instructional video for use and understand that the beach wheel chair, beach access matting and portable hoist is set up for independent use without the assistance of GORCC or Lorne Surf Lifesaving Club. I agree to use the equipment at my own risk and return the equipment to the storage container at the end of my booking. I understand that a minimum of one support person is needed to access and use the equipment
If you agree with the above terms, simply click the box on the confirmation page.
Lorne Surf Life Saving Club
The Mobi-Chair® is the world's most popular amphibious rolling beach chair. It provides seamless transitions. From the car park to the beach. From the beach into the ocean.